Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tnx for giefing

Did you have a family get-together?
Did you gorge until you exceeded your limitations?
Do you need new pants?
Or more money?
Then you probably had a good thanks giving.

As a foreigner I don´t understand the thanks giving festivities. I understand the gestures, but I know next to nothing about its origins and the like... For me it is like they made up an extra Christmas as if they needed another excuse to eat themselves silly.
I like it.
And I want to adopt it.

I had a great thanks giving with my friends. We/the hosts made huge amounts of food where the rest of us could gorge until bursting-point.
None of us are American though, so we just had to improvise what they do as they sit down around the table.
It ended with us having a round of "what we are thankful for" where half the answers involved the food.
Here are a couple of pictures from our great evening. I wanted to put out a video also, but my judgement told me better of it.
Lots of happy and hungry people, joined together with a single philosophy in common; too consume or consume less?

Great wine and great company is the key to every good dinner party.

And for some unknown reason there were two in our group who actually could play the piano. Pretty awesome, though I missed the singing.

Cozy and inviting. I just had do ad this picture.

 And when we all had eaten to the point of no return, we just relaxed and enjoyed the company.

What is up with Black Friday, though?
For those of you who do not know what that is, it is the day after thanks giving. On the day of thanks giving, the American market has a pause from sale and consumption, so they have invented a day of "half prices" on everything, just too earn in what they lost the day before. 
My experience with it was rather... balls. 
I got stuck in a line like an Englishman after about 30 min in a store, and stood there for almost an hour just staring into the back of the flee-infested head of the fat lady in front of me.
When I finally made it to the counter (with the single item I had picked up) the lady behind it gave me a big, white, fake smile and told me that the sale was over. It ended at 10am, and refused to give me slack even though I had been in the line since 08:45.
So what did I do?
I spat in her face!
No I didn´t. I wish I had though. No... I bought the item for full price like the good, white little fat boy that I am.

So after the chaos down town San Fransisco, hung over and tired from the lack of sleep from the night before, we threw us on a bus heading up town. This was a great idea.

Thankfully waiting for the buss after the chaos of the shopping-spree

We stumbled down the street and came over one of the greatest cafes I have ever been in. This is the tea cup my friend got.
The hostess of the cafe learned my name, and called me when the coffee was ready. She was sweet and talkative in a good kind of way. Like; I felt comfortable that she knew my name-kind of way.

Question! Which of these looks the most delicious? 

Like a painting

This is a Norwegian joke. We laughed good and hearty when we saw it.

No comments: