Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Miami

So I finally got some time to blog again.

I´m currently finding refuge with relatives from the harsh shopping atmosphere out there in the American market/climate.
Huddling together, like cavemen fighting for survival, we throw rocks and sticks at the commercialized Santa that tries to expand his territory into our front garden. We have so far managed to keep him away, but we all know that his powers are not fully out yet.
As you probably have experienced first hand yourself, his powers will not fully come out until Christmas eve.  Then the world trembles with the screams of a hundred thousand children getting the wrong present... at the same time... Its truly a terrifying moment we all have come to fear and loathe.

Yes. It´s truly good being with relatives, brothers in arms and trustworthy companions in this truly horrific time of the year.

Anyway. Rant aside and seriousness becoming apparent: I love Christmas! Like almost everyboddy else... Apart from the people who doesn´t obviously.

Yes. As you may have guessed I still reside in the US. I´m a guest at the palace of my uncle and aunt in Miami! For those of you who are used to celebrating a warm christmass, won´t apreciate this as much as me, but for those of you who hail from the north, such as I, may be a little more understanding when I say: 25 °C in the shade! Yeah baby!

All my stuff is in utter chaos right now, so I can´t find the cable that I use to transfer photos from my camera to the computer, so this will have to do.


Splysh

Other pictures will have to wait. I hope you enjoy your hollidays! I know I am!

Since this is through the internet, and I can´t give a physical gift to any of you, here is a small gift from me to you the only right way to deliver it, across the internet and across the universe:

Happiness
By Raymond Carver

So early it's still almost dark out.
I'm near the window with coffee,
and the usual early morning stuff
that passes for thought.

When I see the boy and his friend
walking up the road
to deliver the newspaper.

They wear caps and sweaters,
and one boy has a bag over his shoulder.
They are so happy
they aren't saying anything, these boys.

I think if they could, they would take
each other's arm.
It's early in the morning,
and they are doing this thing together.

They come on, slowly.
The sky is taking on light,
though the moon still hangs pale over the water.

Such beauty that for a minute
death and ambition, even love,
doesn't enter into this.

Happiness. It comes on
unexpectedly. And goes beyond, really,
any early morning talk about it.

No comments: